GT240 Build

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
joespeed

eden wrote:Funny you think I spend a lot of time waiting for seizes to cool down...
I wonder where you got that idea from. Maybe from your preferred dyno operator, another example of misinformation ;)

In actual fact, I spend a lot more time waiting for people to catch up. Whether that be due to them being slow or due to them having to fill up far too often.

Funny though.

no i have seen several of your videos that show you nipping up! i have also passed you on route to and from scarborough,i did stop tosee if you was ok and you said 'no problem just another heat seize!
eden
Dealer

joespeed wrote:
eden wrote:Funny you think I spend a lot of time waiting for seizes to cool down...
I wonder where you got that idea from. Maybe from your preferred dyno operator, another example of misinformation ;)

In actual fact, I spend a lot more time waiting for people to catch up. Whether that be due to them being slow or due to them having to fill up far too often.

Funny though.

no i have seen several of your videos that show you nipping up! i have also passed you on route to and from scarborough,i did stop tosee if you was ok and you said 'no problem just another heat seize!

When was this Scarborough?
I didn't go this year and I have never seized or broke down doing Scarborough... the last 4 times I've done it I have day tripped it..

You obviously don't know me and have seen someone you thought was me...

Crazy fool!
eden
Dealer

I'm interested now who the he'll you saw who you thought was me...what scooter was It? What colour was It? What year Scarborough? What road? What day?

Senior moment for you my friend!

This is funny though as it's a great demonstration of how fiction becomes fact in the minds of some people, especially considering the context of this last few posts in this topic.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Eden, you're so well known you've got people making a living out impersonating you!

In all seriousness, it's probably time to draw a line under this and move on.

From my viewpoint I'm no more than a careful assembler of engine parts. I'm grateful for advice from Eden with his on-the-road experience, I'm equally grateful for advice from Darrell with his tuning & racetrack experience, I'm grateful to hear from anyone with any sort of experience that I can learn from. There's likely to be dozens of people like me on these forums who are reliant on the advice from others to help them along and keep them rolling. It would be a real shame for anyone to leave these forums due to disagreements, that loss of advice would affect many.

Nice GT240 article on SULK today & I went out for a quick run at lunchtime on mine with a revised curve and it felt great.

All the best,
George (4%)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

GeorgeS wrote:Eden, you're so well known you've got people making a living out impersonating you!

In all seriousness, it's probably time to draw a line under this and move on.

From my viewpoint I'm no more than a careful assembler of engine parts. I'm grateful for advice from Eden with his on-the-road experience, I'm equally grateful for advice from Darrell with his tuning & racetrack experience, I'm grateful to hear from anyone with any sort of experience that I can learn from. There's likely to be dozens of people like me on these forums who are reliant on the advice from others to help them along and keep them rolling. It would be a real shame for anyone to leave these forums due to disagreements, that loss of advice would affect many.

Nice GT240 article on SULK today & I went out for a quick run at lunchtime on mine with a revised curve and it felt great.

All the best,
George (4%)
Best post I've read all day
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
joespeed

eden wrote:
joespeed wrote:

Funny though.

I didn't go this year and I have never seized or broke down doing Scarborough... the last 4 times I've done it I have day tripped it..

Crazy fool!
sorry was whitby over the moors ,riding red /gold gp
drunkmunkey6969

joespeed wrote: sorry was whitby over the moors ,riding red /gold gp

Dramatic music plays in the background....some are thinking: red GP? Yes...it could be him! Others are thinking red/gold? No...it couldn't be him? 2% 3% 4%????? The tension is all too much...
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
joespeed wrote: sorry was whitby over the moors ,riding red /gold gp

Dramatic music plays in the background....some are thinking: red GP? Yes...it could be him! Others are thinking red/gold? No...it couldn't be him? 2% 3% 4%????? The tension is all too much...
5% every time
eden
Dealer

Sorry GeorgeS but I have to clear this up..

joespeed wrote:
eden wrote:
joespeed wrote:

Crazy fool!
sorry was whitby over the moors ,riding red /gold gp
Joespeed, Which year was this then?
For starters, My gp is candy red and SILVER not gold.

I have not rode my GP to Whitby for years. I have only stopped over night there on a rally once, last year when I went on my Winter Model! I normally day trip it. I have never seized on the moors going there or coming back. The last time I rode my GP to Whitby was in 2014, the day trip video is on youtube, the time before that was in 2012, again the day trip video is on youtube. How far do you want to go back?

Ill make it easy for you as you say I was on a GP..
the last rallys my GP has been to are
Mersea Island 2016
IoW 2016
Wiseman rally 2016
Exmouth 2016
The only one of those 4 you may have been on would be wiseman as the others are far from Yorkshire. I don't remember any moors going to Wiseman, I don't recall any Lambretta over take me that day, and I didn't seize.

Maybe your talking about 2015?

Birmingham to Woolacombe to Cadwell park in one day running in a customers 250 in 2015, you wouldn't have gone to Woolycomb as that's far from Yorshire and I arrived at Cadwell after dark and didn't seize or see any other lambrettas after leaving woolacomb until I arrived in cadwell pits. The video is on youtube, no seizures.

saints and sinners rally 2015, I day tripped this too doing some miles on a new build for a customer, the video is on youtube, no seizures!

I have been riding my Winter model mostly because my GP needs a lot of TLC and has been used to run up and run in customers engines.
Its not often a Lambretta passes me and the times that does happen I tend to remember it well, anyone who rides with me will testify to that. The last time a lambretta passed me that got away was coming home from Germany last year, turned out that was a DAK powered Lambretta that didn't make it home under its own steam. I told myself all day that it got away because I had my mrs on the back as usual, but in all honesty I'm sure I would have blown up if I had tried to overtake him as it was being rode hard, :lol: respect to who ever that was.

You picked the wrong scooter to try and make up some bull s**t, either that or your just loosing your mind. I don't know, ill let others decide.
One time I can recall seizing and pulling over was in 2014 on coast to coast while running the 1st GT200 prototype barrel with a few tweaks while testing configurations, 2 months later the same top end with a better configuration got me trouble free (no seizures) to Milan and back over the alps. Again all on youtube.

Yes some of my videos show seizers and blow ups, I like to show everything, warts and all...I don't hide anything! There aint many videos like that though because its not an often occurrence, but its expected when you put the miles in, you may remember that from when you say you did miles in the 70's... Did you choose to ignore the 1000's of hours of video footage of trouble free running all over Europe?

Joespeed, a word of advice, if you intend to tarnish someone you need to have some actual real facts, you get caught out if you just make up shite and spurt it out ;)

I rest my case!

Again I am sorry GeorgeS for posting again in reply to the silliness that has spilled into your topic. I hope I will have no need to do so again, unless its something constructive regarding your GT.
drunkmunkey6969

Darrell Taylor wrote:
ducksta wrote:Think I would trust the scooterist who travels 1000snds of miles every year over a dyno

1 or a 100 scooterists who use dyno services and provide collective feedback to a central hub over a 6 year term with year on year repeat testing and maintenance regime along with circuit and sprint data and intensive in house testing 12 months a year as a full time position ?

Well ducksta.... which is it? Looks like you have the deciding vote by virtue of your post.

One mans (high mileage, thoroughly ridden and well tested) feedback. Or 'a dyno' (read: a comprehensive collection of data, carefully analysed, repeatedly tested and regularly implemented by a craftsman in his well practised trade).

Just curious like.

The ether awaits with baited breath...(cue drum roll for Ducksta's post)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information