GT big block experiance : New GT crank info added

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Thanks Rich. Just gotta start saving now so I can have one later in the year to be ready for 2015 season,unless I come into some money beforehand,which would be very nice. Very nice indeed. :D
Yanker

Ref the cowlings, AF do a range of off the shelf ones for reed kits. One of these http://www.afrayspeed.co.uk/index.php?p ... buteID=COW should be pretty near the mark, probably the 'RB' one for the reed block cutaway size?
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

That's a thought,cheers Yanker.
eden
Dealer

I did hope to get some good video of the GT kits while we were doing our day trip to Dorset yesterday for the Modra rally at Sanford, How ever the only footage I got was the 2 or 3 miles mine did to the meeting up place yesterday morning. it was running well but when I kicked it over to leave after everyone else arrived the bloody kick-start shaft broke :(

I ended up having to leave the GP at the petrol station and get a lift home to pick up my winter model.
366 miles done yesterday in a group of 9... great fun :D

The other GT that was going also didn't do well, not a problem with the kit, he got up late and missed the meeting time so he jumped on the M5 to try to catch us up only for his big end to fail on the crank we have been telling him to change for a over a year now lol

All the GT video from yesterday. The rest of the days footage will take me a while to compile, ill post that in the rallies section as its not GT related.

Its a real shame I didn't get to do it on the GT as I had a cool app running on my phone for the day which was recording speed and route.
mickjr

what a bloody shame,i was counting on this,eden whens your next long run/rally/day out with the gt kits,it seems everything else breaks bar the kit.
mickjr

oh and the 4 mins showed it had abit of poke
eden
Dealer

we may be doing Morecombe as a day trip too, that's only 2 weeks away.
mickjr

that should be a fun run straight up the motorway,prob see better how the kit performs up and down the gears and flat out,looking forward to it :D
eden
Dealer

doubt we will be flat out, we need to keep all the scooters together, there was 9 of us yesterday!
mickjr

are the kits a standard 200cc or are you going to be running them as 230cc or one of each lol maybe a couple of miles at full chatter
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information