kickstart problems GP

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
clockwork
Main scooter: gp 150 tuned

Had a problems with the kick start on my gp.....sleeve keeps slipping of and wont engage first gear... just wondering what parts to replace while ive got it stripped out save stripping again if anything else is worn?? :roll:

cheers ...
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

clockwork wrote:Had a problems with the kick start on my gp.....sleeve keeps slipping of and wont engage first gear... just wondering what parts to replace while ive got it stripped out save stripping again if anything else is worn?? :roll:

cheers ...
By sleeve do you mean Plunger ??
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
clockwork

Toddy wrote:
clockwork wrote:Had a problems with the kick start on my gp.....sleeve keeps slipping of and wont engage first gear... just wondering what parts to replace while ive got it stripped out save stripping again if anything else is worn?? :roll:

cheers ...
By sleeve do you mean Plunger ??
yes sorry mate ...
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Sounds like the spring is worn but strip down and check all parts the plunger teeth may be worn as well if you look on scooter restorations site there's a parts diagram for the kickstart shaft assembly that gives you an idea of what you may need mate
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
clockwork

Toddy wrote:Sounds like the spring is worn but strip down and check all parts the plunger teeth may be worn as well if you look on scooter restorations site there's a parts diagram for the kickstart shaft assembly that gives you an idea of what you may need mate
cheers toddy ill have a look
clockwork

Got it sorted.. cheers for all the help......there was loads of play on the kickstart lever....put a tack on it kicked over first time!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information