SIP Lambretta Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

Captain Pugwash over on the LCGB site has been watching your progress and has just bought one. He's VERY capable with electrics so hopefully a fix is in sight ;)

I have also been thinking about the diode, there are many different types and I seem to recall that some will allow a small amount of reverse current. I suggested your's based on current carying capability only, there may well be a better one available :?
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

coaster wrote:Captain Pugwash over on the LCGB site has been watching your progress and has just bought one. He's VERY capable with electrics so hopefully a fix is in sight ;)

I have also been thinking about the diode, there are many different types and I seem to recall that some will allow a small amount of reverse current. I suggested your's based on current carying capability only, there may well be a better one available :?
I got the Schottky Diode that you pointed me at on Ebay Colin :) lol
-Schottky diodes are the type with the low reverse current, so hopefully it's the right type.
Funnily enough I've been following the LCGB thread too, but being a non-member they decided I can't contribute ;) Now that the good Cap'n has ordered one I'll be watching even more closely.

Cheers,
Nigel
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I connected the brown and red box wires to the loom brown (AC) and the speedo lights up and the rev counter appears to work but when the lights are turned on the speedo goes blank so either I am doing something wrong or the units are crap :?
Ketje

giankx wrote:Did anyone ha problems with thw speedo cable connetcion hitting the uppper part of the fork?
On mine GP italian handlebars, the nut of the cable that connect it with the speedo hits the forks and doesn't allow the handlebar cover to close completely.
I tried 2 units on 4 different Italian Lammy's and none was p&p... :flaming: Oh yes, did some testing on the track and connecting the tempgauge makes the rev-counter flip....at least with a normal plug. Tried with a "resistor"-plug cap but didn't help. Defenatly have to try with a BPR8ES....

Mike.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

these speedos sound so good im going to rush out an buy one !! :shock:
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

rbgaz wrote:these speedos sound so good im going to rush out an buy one !! :shock:

:lol: :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Lol :grin:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Spursy
Main scooter: Series 2 Bgm Race-Tour

Mine still working ,,, had gps on to test speedo ,,correct at 30,40,50,, mph and at 55,60 ,, at 65 -70 sip speedo read 65 ,, gps said 63 ,, sip speedo at 70 , gps said 68 ,,,,, so am happy with that ,,,,,, set to 1357 .077 :lol:
had it it on 3 weeks now only issue was i had the little bugs every one had ,,, but took heat sensor off and it works a treat ,,,, emailed sip ,, still think the temp sensor cable is picking up rpm pulse ,,, :roll:
Last edited by Spursy on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I watched one on Saturday, the rider started his scoot up the speedo lit up like the millennium falcon! After about 15 seconds the needle started to rise slowly all the way to 12000 rpm, and stayed there, the scooter was on the stand ticking over, lol, the rider sed he had achieved an average speed of 120 mph on his way to Bulith, needless to say he's sending it back
rickspeed
Main scooter: tv175

Did anyone ha problems with thw speedo cable connetcion hitting the uppper part of the fork?
On mine GP italian handlebars, the nut of the cable that connect it with the speedo hits the forks and doesn't allow the handlebar cover to close completely.

I have the same problem, (TV175) without the cable fitted to the speedo the speedo head fouls on the rear of the fork tube, with the cable fitted its even worse, no way will the headset fit properly. it pushes the headset to far forward. waiting for a reply from SIP, not holding my breath for a positive reply, do I take a chunk out of the fork tube and clamp, muller a new £125 speedo or send it back? when I measured a standard speedo to the SIP one, the speedo drive on the SIP item is around 7-8mm further back than the standard speedo.

Got it set up fine by using a 12v battery for the intial setup, set the tyre circumfrance at 1323 with a ratio of 0.77. joined the red & Brown together, and attached to AC feed from the regulator, no problem with the temp sensor, according to the book the pulse setting should be 1 ( single cylinder 2 stroke ) but it reads much to high, setting 3 seems correct.

Any advice on the headset not fitting gratefully received
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information