hydraulic clutch cylinder

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lambytone

Hi, has any one used one of these on a lambretta. I'm having problems using my left hand at the mo due to a form of arthritis and want to make pulling in the clutch easier. Obviously the hydraulic pipe needs extending as its only about 900mm but rather than fork out for a full side case conversion (I'm on a tight budget) I'm wondering if this will work. Thanks, Tony

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180830437999? ... 1423.l2649
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

You could look at something like this:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/ ... ystem.aspx

These are used for motox bikes and im certain could be used on a lambretta...you should be able to source one in the UK cheaper as well ??
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

them ebay ones are crap, designed for pitbikes and have no bleed nipple

having said that I know someone that fitted one to a big bike engine and its still going, ont eh back of that several epople bought them and none survived more than a couple of weeks

the proper ones are from magura/venhill, about £90 each
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
carlos fandango

Yes i tried the pit bike ones and they are crap :( i then brought a Venhill one and had it working pretty well ,but strugled to get it set right, i realised the problem was, the venhill cylinder didnt have enough travel. It would start to drag when the clutch was warmed up, so id adjust it, but then it would slip :( also the clutch was no lighter than with the cable.
I was using An AJP master of a speedfight ? i think ? a bigger cylinder was the next move, but i shelved it :)
ImageImage
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
lambytone

Ok, thanks for the replies . Has any body tried something similar that does work or would I be better off going for a sidecase conversion.
mickdale

Image[/quote]

excuse me for asking but where do you get the levers and master cylinders from - or can you tell me what its off

cheers
mick
carlos fandango

I think they were off a speedfight, the clutch one would be the rear brake on an auto. the gear change housing was modified by myself and a welder ;)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
carlos fandango

lambytone wrote:Ok, thanks for the replies . Has any body tried something similar that does work or would I be better off going for a sidecase conversion.
I think id go for a side case conversion if i tried it again :D
mickdale

carlos fandango wrote:I think they were off a speedfight, the clutch one would be the rear brake on an auto. the gear change housing was modified by myself and a welder ;)
thanks
i take it the whole lever handlebar assy moves still to change gear
carlos fandango

mickdale wrote:
carlos fandango wrote:I think they were off a speedfight, the clutch one would be the rear brake on an auto. the gear change housing was modified by myself and a welder ;)
thanks
i take it the whole lever handlebar assy moves still to change gear
Yes, and if you look closely at the photo you'll see the hose is a lot longer, and goes in a loop, to allow for the movement of the hear change.
Russ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information