My new set up.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Right ive been happily riding round with my PHBH28 and Scootopia clubman for a good while now without any problems but recently decided to try an expansion chamber so after getting my delivery of a Darrell Taylor modified TSR Evolution i chucked it on and went for a blast, tried a 114, 112 and 110 main jet but no good couldent get it on the pipe, just spluttered and with no power anywere throughout the rev range, must admit i was very disapointed to be honest so tried the 107 main i had used with the clubman and bingo! off it went...but was running seriously lean about 3/4 throttle so on the advice of Harry Barlow i changed the attomizer to the larger AV268 (was AV267) pissed about with different needle settings (x7) but now running far to rich midrange and wont rev.

The orriginal plan was to run the carb through an opened up air box using a BGM filter so as to keep it looking standard, spoke to Darrell he told me to put an AV266 in disconect the filter and put a much bigger main jet in just as a trial, which i did apart from the AV266 which i dont have so put the AV267 in and a 119 main....wow what a transformation, pulls easily as hard if not more so than it did with the clubman in the lower-middle rev range then takes off like a race horse and keeps on going! I was clocked at 73mph with the clubman so God knows what it will do now.

The one thing that bothers me is running it with an open carb so just bought a short bell mouth with a gause.

The only gripe i have it it smokes badley on tickover and theres a slight hesitation just as it sets off, its got a 50 pilot jet at the moment, im wondering weather to try something like a 45 or 48 pilot or do i need a different needle just to clean/sharpen it up?
  • Information