Gori GP50 or JL Snail ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Daggs wrote:I was looking at the Gori range for my 200 Muggy. But, £300 for what looks like an unpainted Clubman with a tail-can pushed on! A tad overpriced I feel.
Yes would agree to a point but what other alternatives are there? I don't want an expansion as I don't like the look ( I tried a jl3 once and the fit was terrible + it hit the ground) the BGM is out of stock and nobody seems to know if or when they will be back in + their unpainted as well, the Ron Moss, well your more likely to see Lord Lucan riding shergar any time soon.
Ok so I've got a Scootopia which is very very good but it's not an out and out performance pipe like the others.
lozmondo

theres a Gori or 2 on ebay currently..a lot less than £300
Scooterdude

lozmondo wrote:theres a Gori or 2 on ebay currently..a lot less than £300
there's bound to be now I've forked out, Sod's law innit...
Scooterdude

One thing that does slightly play on my mind is the Gori, BGM, all the expansions out there and even the Scootopia don't have a BSAU type approval stamp on them. I'd hate to be 3 or 4 hundred miles from home with my £300 + exhaust and get pulled over and be told I can't carry on as my exhaust isn't stamped + get a hefty fine and possibly points.

Or does it actually need one being 1964? anyone else experienced any hastle as regards this?

Chars.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

my old std exhaust isn't stamped
C’est la vie
Daggs

There must be hundreds or even thousands of coppers now desperate to pull over a vintage scooter and lay on the ground to check for type approval on the exhaust.
Scooterdude

Daggs wrote:There must be hundreds or even thousands of coppers now desperate to pull over a vintage scooter and lay on the ground to check for type approval on the exhaust.
Yes quite.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Daggs wrote:There must be hundreds or even thousands of coppers now desperate to pull over a vintage scooter and lay on the ground to check for type approval on the exhaust.
ImageImageImageImageImage
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Scooterdude wrote:One thing that does slightly play on my mind is the Gori, BGM, all the expansions out there and even the Scootopia don't have a BSAU type approval stamp on them. I'd hate to be 3 or 4 hundred miles from home with my £300 + exhaust and get pulled over and be told I can't carry on as my exhaust isn't stamped + get a hefty fine and possibly points.

Or does it actually need one being 1964? anyone else experienced any hastle as regards this?

Chars.
No,never. I've had many exhausts over the years. Police too busy catching criminals breaking into houses or stealing scooters to worry about this. I'd never let that keep me awake,buy the exhaust and slap it on.
lozmondo

Heres the SULK article re the Gori GP50
http://www.scooterlab.uk/lambretta-exha ... sion-tech/

Ive just dynoed my RT with a snail, not the results I was expecting, a clubman would probably give overall better result
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information