Base gaskets

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fruitjuice

Need to get my base gasket to 5,5mm thickness to get my squish set correctly.
Couldn't find a 5,5mm gasket and ended up with a 4mm, 1mm and a 0,5mm.
Do I add sealant beween the gaskets of just fit them 'dry'...?
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Following prison rules will lead you to go in dry. But being a sensitive chap, I like to 'get wet' just to seal the deal.

Theeebond should do the job.

Failing that, ask for LeeRoy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

you need a 5.5 mm base gasket????? f@@k me thats more than most packer plates surely????
Donnie.
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

yes, surely the 4mm is a packing plate?, ideally it would be 4.5mm at least, and two 0.5 gaskets
Fruitjuice

Engine is a Monza 225 barrel, with 71mm Wiseco Kawasaki 440 Jetski piston and 58/116 crank. The longer rod + piston configuration requires to move the barrel about a bit to get everything to line up...
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information