Rapido 250

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

I am on with stripping a rapido 250 that the lad hasent used for 5 years and he tried to start it and it locked up first off thought it might be kickstart but that's all ok then took engine out and stripped top end the whole kit looks brand new no carbon on piston or head and supposedly done 800 miles 60 stroke crank it looks like the big end has seized and the drive side sounds dodgy anyway some of you must of had a 250 anything to look out for

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
phil23fair
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 250 Special

I've got one that's been tuned by Harry Barlow. I seem to recall Harry saying something about the design not allowing for enough big end lubrication and he drilled two 6mm holes one in either side of the piston to help overcome this
garry inglis

That makes sense from what I've seen also the front of exhaust port looks rough like the ring has been catching or rough porting I've gave him all the top end and crank and he's taking it to rayspeed to get checked out and crank rebuilt

garry inglis

I've just rebuilt the rapido 250 everything went ok started and runs great what I thought odd was why have a vw reverse cone clubman on a 250 but after seeing the exhaust test in scootering it should run ok this scoot was built in 96 and still looks good all old school stuff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information