Long range tank straps

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
charlton_supporter
Main scooter: LI150 Special

charlton_supporter wrote:The bracket fixes under the front seat mounting point and then the strap wraps round the tank. You access the bolt through the toolbox door.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

charlton_supporter wrote:
charlton_supporter wrote:The bracket fixes under the front seat mounting point and then the strap wraps round the tank. You access the bolt through the toolbox door.

Nice one mate - and how much does the tank hold?
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
charlton_supporter

Just a shade under 17 litres

alanscottj

charlton_supporter wrote:Just a shade under 17 litres

Cheers bud - do you reckon these might work? From Beedspeed.

charlton_supporter

They certainly look like the ones you need.

alanscottj

charlton_supporter wrote:They certainly look like the ones you need.

I'll take a punt on them on Monday - will be able to give them a ring first and double check with them.

Many thanks mate :D
Mark 1
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

Thanks for the reply on Mikuni starter point I'll get on it this week. Just got back from being away for a fortnight and never took password with me :o

Back on topic ........ I got this tank from TSR and it was a bugger to get in my GP frame, but once done it's absolutely solid. Before starting make sure all the bolts actually get through the steel and into the nuts, and with some wiggle room. I had to file away quite a bit of bracket to have enough movement to assemble all the parts in the frame. From memory I then fitted the brackets as loosely as possible before squeezing the tank into position, recommend you put some masking tape on the inside the frame arch by the toolbox door to prevent losing some paint when you push the front end into position :x ; at this point someone will probably point out I should have put the front of the tank in first :lol:
Post if you want any more pics of the brackets in place.

Cheers
Mark
alanscottj

Mark 1 wrote:Thanks for the reply on Mikuni starter point I'll get on it this week. Just got back from being away for a fortnight and never took password with me :o

Back on topic ........ I got this tank from TSR and it was a bugger to get in my GP frame, but once done it's absolutely solid. Before starting make sure all the bolts actually get through the steel and into the nuts, and with some wiggle room. I had to file away quite a bit of bracket to have enough movement to assemble all the parts in the frame. From memory I then fitted the brackets as loosely as possible before squeezing the tank into position, recommend you put some masking tape on the inside the frame arch by the toolbox door to prevent losing some paint when you push the front end into position :x ; at this point someone will probably point out I should have put the front of the tank in first :lol:
Post if you want any more pics of the brackets in place.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers Mark - Beedspeed haven't got the strap in stock :cry: I'm wondering if 2 traditional extra long tank straps will do the job :?:
Mark 1
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

I think it would be a lot of messing and probably not as secure. The one supplied is made to measure and the tank is really secure, the strap is wider than others I've used on any previous tanks. I got mine through Torbay Lambretta, though I think they may originate at Saigon Scooter Centre.
If you did try it may be difficult to hold a loose nut while you tightened the bolt, with the welded on nuts with the kit you can get a socket in to tighten the bolts when the whole lots in situ.

Cheers
alanscottj

Mark 1 wrote:I think it would be a lot of messing and probably not as secure. The one supplied is made to measure and the tank is really secure, the strap is wider than others I've used on any previous tanks. I got mine through Torbay Lambretta, though I think they may originate at Saigon Scooter Centre.
If you did try it may be difficult to hold a loose nut while you tightened the bolt, with the welded on nuts with the kit you can get a socket in to tighten the bolts when the whole lots in situ.

Cheers
Sorted! I put an advert on Facebook 'Lambretta parts for sale' page and a fella replied saying he has a set for 20 quid - should get them in post tomorrow :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information