Age Related Plate and Roadtax

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

If your V5C Taxation Class is stating anything other than "Historic Vehicle" you'll be paying road tax.

It's a V70 form and DVLA job.
Did you have to do that?
immylam

This is the first year I have thought it falls into a 'historic vehicle' tax bracket going by the reasoning it has a 1974 N reg plate although I don't know quite how to find out what the actual manufactured year is to work out why it was given an N plate ( or if this had been done previously when applying for the plate) Is there any register of Indian frame No's that is accurate to year manufactured? I have paid road tax on it since 2012 but windered if it was and how I find out if it is exempt. Online check still looks for me to pay but there is no exempt option online.
immylam

UPDATE: I have found a Pete Davis signed British Lambretta Archive letter stating year of manufacture as 1975 , do I just take this along to Post Office with insurance/log/mot? What a fkin hassle for £40 but stuff giving the govt money they possibly ain't entitled to.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

immylam wrote:UPDATE: I have found a Pete Davis signed British Lambretta Archive letter stating year of manufacture as 1975 , do I just take this along to Post Office with insurance/log/mot? What a fkin hassle for £40 but stuff giving the govt money they possibly ain't entitled to.
As posted earlier.....

If your Taxation Class on your log book (V5C) is stating anything other than "Historic Vehicle" you'll be paying road tax.

It's a V70 form and DVLA job to get it changed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-tax-v70
Did you have to do that?
joespeed

this is why we have 'age related plates ' direct from dvla,some of these old scooters or imports have been off the radar for long periods,i have two scooters that i have owned for over 40 years with a long period of 'sat in the shed' i did manage to keep both numbers with the help of pete davies and rob skipsey!
gaz_powell

ive just been looking at this as I have a 75 Jet and API 150 and want to get it sorted - I forgot and have taxed them both this yr ....

the first step seems to be https://www.gov.uk/historic-vehicles

Gaz
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

DigDug wrote:
immylam wrote:UPDATE: I have found a Pete Davis signed British Lambretta Archive letter stating year of manufacture as 1975 , do I just take this along to Post Office with insurance/log/mot? What a fkin hassle for £40 but stuff giving the govt money they possibly ain't entitled to.
As posted earlier.....

If your Taxation Class on your log book (V5C) is stating anything other than "Historic Vehicle" you'll be paying road tax.

It's a V70 form and DVLA job to get it changed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-tax-v70
^ This. With the rolling 40 year tax exemption vehicles do not automatically get their taxation class changed to Historic Vehicle, and it's only Historic Vehicles that get free road tax. It is the owner responsibility to get this changed using the process DigDug has posted. So if you haven't done this then you will still need to pay road tax.
immylam

Didn't even need a form , just strolled into the Post Office , had all docs with me , woman behind the counter said she didn't need them as it's all linked. Asked about a gap between tax (SORN) took the back of my log book did a bar code check and filled out a class change notification got me to sign it, gave me the front part of log book back and said a new log will be sent out and scooter is taxed from 1st June. Pretty efficient from PO & DVLA .....just need to see how they manage to FK it up between now and actually getting my new log book :lol:
gaz_powell

great stuff....im on it tomorrow !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information