Series 3 Seat Catch

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Lamaddict

Anyone know the seat type that goes with this catch.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Its an ordinary seat frame but with the cross piece welded onto the seat catch to keep the seat straight. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lambr ... AGUgsV9O4M:
Lamaddict

Thanks, I might have guessed that but that bar bit confused me. It's off a 1962 Li150 S3 and guess they dropped the idea on later catches
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Interesting point. I've got an Innocenti parts book from 1962 which covers the LI S3 and the TV175S3. Both the LI single seats and the TV "buddy" seat are listed, but there is no mention of the locking plate for the later- its not even shown on the drawings. I think the latch shown in the pic is a standard one with a home made bar across it. I've never seen an Innocenti produced latch like that.
Scootering since 1968.
vegansydney

I've seen several of these catches fitted with Giuliari 'Coke bottle' (also referred to as 'wide end') seats, that were fitted to the the TV/2 and early TV/3 (possibly others).

My late TV/2 has same catch, and the design helps eliminate lateral movement in the seat.
Lamaddict

Yes, I thought I'd seen them somewhere before. Looks like one for the anoraks, all very interesting to me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information