Broken C2C Screen

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
a.j

Clumsy bollox here pushed it on a little too hard & cracked it at the bottom. I've tried superglue & Araldite, but neither will hold it back together.

Anyone advise on some repair that works?

Cheers
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I keep seeing ads for the plastic welding tool [except when you want to see it], looks like glue but is actually plastic welding. It had some daft price of about £40 now reduced to £7. I wondered if anyone had tried it. I'll post a link next time it pops up.
a.j

corrado wrote:I keep seeing ads for the plastic welding tool [except when you want to see it], looks like glue but is actually plastic welding. It had some daft price of about £40 now reduced to £7. I wondered if anyone had tried it. I'll post a link next time it pops up.
Worth a punt?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-5-Secon ... Swc49Y7zgU
corrado
Dealer

Yeah, that's the kiddie. Feck I nearly took a punt at £7 but £3 sounds like less of an issue. :D
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Down to £1.99 now. Let us know how you go on with It, as I don't want to throw good money at it.
gaz_powell

Can you fibre glass it, then paint it?
corrado
Dealer

paulnobodyimportant wrote:Down to £1.99 now. Let us know how you go on with It, as I don't want to throw good money at it.
Keep watching ...... I've got it down to £1.86 inc P&P ....... any advance? :lol:
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

Broke 1 side of mine off a couple of years ago so cut both sides off and fixed to headlight rim with araldite and silicone (to tidy up) and it's been fine. Looks a bit neater with no cable ties & comes off as 1 piece to change bulb etc.
davet

Have a look at Plastex. It can be used to repair many things including screens and come in clear as well as other colours.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information