Valuing/restoring help?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rcarter

I am in bury st edmunds. And about a year ago i got this barn find (Li 125?) with the intention of restoring it. I may have bitten off slightly more than i can chew. So i am willing to part with her, but for that i would need to know an approximate value. Or if there is anyone local to bury who would be able to help me to rebuild this engine. Then that would be fantastic.

I dont think that the frame and engine numbers match. Anyway, here is some pictures:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joespeed

can you post a picture of the frame number blank the last digits off for security though!
rcarter

I could do that tomorrow, not 100% where the number is though

rcarter

Sorry its not very clear, it has been repainted before

rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Spanish, Series 80 or Lince frame.

No toolbox aperture, ignition switch at rear or seat, floor mats, casing is also Spanish.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
rcarter

rosscla wrote:Spanish, Series 80 or Lince frame.

No toolbox aperture, ignition switch at rear or seat, floor mats, casing is also Spanish.

Okay, what does that actually mean? Im guessing that spanish is less desirable than italian?

mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Rebuilt to a decent standard it will probably be worth as much as an Italian series 3 Li.

To get it to a decent standard i'd have thought you'd be looking at spending £3k +.

If you're struggling with the knowledge and skills to rebuild it you may be better off buying a ready built job for the same money as what you'd spend doing it up.

As a complete scooter (not splitting it up) i'd expect it to sell for £1000-£1500 (depending what paper work/registration documents you have).
rcarter

Thanks mick. Yeah i really wanted to challenge myself. However most of my money is going into building my S2000. And i have a kid on the way.

It has been registered at some point. As it has a reg plate. However i need to get a replacement V5.

Id be happy to take £1000 for it as a complete, its just finding someone who wants a project.

mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

with a V5 the £1500 might be achievable...............
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Shame the rear has been cut off, that will reduce some value.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information