Valuing/restoring help?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rcarter

Yeah i agree. Easy enough to weld a piece back on though if you really want to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Some good advice above and I think your realistic expecting £1k only...it's a money pit restoring and owning a Lambretta and you are unlikely to get your money back....good find though.
rcarter

I only spent £500 on her. Id take 800 for a quick sale haha

rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

If you sell it for that you'll be getting your money back and a bit. I'd say 500 was a good price for what you got. However as others have said your probably going to sink in 2-3k depending on the level of finish you're after; your shopping skills and how much work you're prepared to do yourself.

In the end of the day it will still be what it is. The Spanish models are a bit 'niche' but are becoming more popular largely because they are about half the price of the equivalent Italian model, but prices are now starting to creep up. That said, you'd still be lucky to get a return on it if you restored it unless you can do it really economically.

I bought one recently, complete, on its wheels, turning over and sparking. I'm now £500 in and still not finished dismantling it.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
rcarter

Well i was going to do it all myself up until the point of painting. But with a child on the way. And my car build already in progress. Its more time to be honest

Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I think it would be doing the best thing selling at the moment. I could see you being very busy for the next few years. :-) If you can get a bit more for it happy days.
ducksta

What paperwork do you have?
live life your a long time dead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information