Fuel consumption 225

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
mr mugello

Might be my style of riding. Bit too heavy handed on the throttle maybe !
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Doubt you'd get that bad even if you really really tried mate. I wonder if it's at all possible that one of your jets has worked loose/fallen out?
mr mugello

Got a varitronic ignition. If timing is not set up correctly. Would this have a big effect on fuel ?
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

mr mugello wrote:Might be my style of riding. Bit too heavy handed on the throttle maybe !
Doubt it, mine only has 2 positions.... Off or full
a.j

My cast iron 225, 28 delly, Atomic reed block & Taff copy pipe gives me about 50 miles to five litres on the motorway.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I get 40-50 from 5L on my Avanti/Mikuni 35/Franspeed Race.

Another Avanti I built was getting 50+ with a Clubman and a PHBH........the lad I sold it to put a JL4 on, altered the carb and now gets 5 miles a litre !! A quick look showed a leaking petrol tank but I think the biggest culprit is the gearing, was 4.6 but I think it will pull better with somewhere nearer 5......or ditch the JL4.....
mr mugello

I think my gearing might be an issue. I have fitted an sx200 gearbox with 46/15 sprockets .
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

mr mugello wrote:I think my gearing might be an issue. I have fitted an sx200 gearbox with 46/15 sprockets .
same overall gearing as mine then 4.8-1, I'm guessing yours must be making quite a bit more torque than mine so go an extra tooth on the front. I still stand by my thought about the carb having something come adrift inside of you mistakenly put wrong jets in after all those numbers are damn hard to see/read.
mr mugello

Scooterdude wrote:
mr mugello wrote:I think my gearing might be an issue. I have fitted an sx200 gearbox with 46/15 sprockets .
same overall gearing as mine then 4.8-1, I'm guessing yours must be making quite a bit more torque than mine so go an extra tooth on the front. I still stand by my thought about the carb having something come adrift inside of you mistakenly put wrong jets in after all those numbers are damn hard to see/read.
I just had a quick look by removing just the float bowl. All seems fine, 120 main jet.
The top end was fitted by Camlam. I took the cylinder head off and noticed ' Reaper ', hand engraved with date. Don't know if this would mean that if any tuning work has been done on casing to barrel, maybe to increase performance.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Interesting topic as I've just changed my set up to 225 and was unsure of what my fuel consumption would now be.Now running a 30mm with franspeed tourer that has great acceleration and good build up to top end(had upto 70 no issues) on about 2/3rds throttle.Using an li150 box 46/16 to start with giving 4.9 found it slightly too tall so dropped it to 46/15 giving 5.2 and it pulls better but obviously revs up higher.What I did find after doing skeggy last weekend was that the fuel consumption changed drastically and in 2 ways, firstly on the way up I got stuck in traffic which ate the fuel up (dopey idiot ran it doh) standard tank and was getting 45 miles to the tank (pretty crap tbh).On the way back same miles it used £6 less in fuel so was getting around 55 to the tank difference was no traffic and could hold a steady 60mph most of the way again around 2/3rds throttle.So come back and filled up back home(full tank is about £6.50 ish) used it all up in around 40 miles of town and local area riding.Tbh I have no real idea of what I can safely say is my actual mpg now as I know I won't be running in the main jet most of the time
the man don't give a f@@k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information