Scootering Magazine - October edition

The print magazine news, reviews, latest products, events & more....
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

October Scootering Magazine - On sale at newsstands now!

Contents:
10-page I.O.W. Special report
9 other different events covered – Including Brighton Mod Weekender – Weston on Trent – Mersea Island - VCB Lakeland 100 - Sidewinders 40th and more.….
6 features scooters
4 feature columns
Cambridge Lambretta dealer Focus
Club Focus

Tech Depts:
Painting Guide Pt6: Candy paint-jobs
Stu Owen – Essential Maintenance Guide
Dan Clare - NEW - Vespa PX Tuning Feature
Darrell Taylor – Lambretta Tuning Article

Sprinting Reports
BSSO Race Reports
Scooter Trader - For Sale & Wanted section
Events, Rallies & Gig Guide
Chris Pope & UK Chords Interview
Scootering Music & Book reviews
Into the sunset
Show us your scooters

And more besides...

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Already! I haven't finished reading September issue yet. Too much information

(....no such thing)
Martin
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Good to see that the development of the Vespa engine has commenced. Even as a die-hard Lambretta man, I was uncomfortable about the apparent Lambretta bias. I understand why this series is only starting now (time) and I look forward to reading it. There is always something to learn from any tuning article.

I have read Darrell's article bang for buck, and it is worth reading if you are planning to stroke your engine from 58 to 60mm. Darrell makes lots of good points about the effect this has on port duration.

He's a clever bloke.

However, it is time for Jordan and Dave Oakley to put their photo-without-helmets in the front of the magazine. Come on guys; don't be shy.
Martin
GFlint
Main scooter: Vespa PX200

Knowledge wrote:Good to see that the development of the Vespa engine has commenced. Even as a die-hard Lambretta man, I was uncomfortable about the apparent Lambretta bias. I understand why this series is only starting now (time) and I look forward to reading it. There is always something to learn from any tuning article.
Im glad the mag is addressing the bias, I was probably one more issue from cancelling my subscription as the pages , although interesting, did not resonate with me as a Vespa owner.

Even now its still unbalanced if you look at the articals so hopefully more than one feature will be about Vespas in the future. It needs redressing as I wonder how many non-Lammy riders have stopped buying? :(
If you don't tinker, you won't learn anything, but you won't break anything either :)
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

Knowledge wrote:Good to see that the development of the Vespa engine has commenced. Even as a die-hard Lambretta man, I was uncomfortable about the apparent Lambretta bias. I understand why this series is only starting now (time) and I look forward to reading it. There is always something to learn from any tuning article.

I have read Darrell's article bang for buck, and it is worth reading if you are planning to stroke your engine from 58 to 60mm. Darrell makes lots of good points about the effect this has on port duration.

He's a clever bloke.

However, it is time for Jordan to put his photo-without-helmet in the front of the magazine. Come on guys; don't be shy.
No one wants to see that!
drunkmunkey6969

servetakid wrote:
Knowledge wrote:No one wants to see that!
But it appears they do! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Is there going to be a free wall chart this year Dan and if so which edition will it be in please?

Rich'
drunkmunkey6969

ktmh5 wrote:Is there going to be a free wall chart this year Dan and if so which edition will it be in please?

Rich'

Lol....was just having that discussion today. Yes, there will be a wall planner...I requested a wall planner which wasn't made from tissue paper this time!

;)

Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Must admit Scootering has gotten a lot better recently, just a lot more buzzing articles in there........
drunkmunkey6969

Strummer10 wrote:Must admit Scootering has gotten a lot better recently, just a lot more buzzing articles in there........
Cheers, glad you like it :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information