Scootering magazine - May edition....

The print magazine news, reviews, latest products, events & more....
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I thought this was one of the best issues I've read for ages. Well done!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

EddieStone wrote:I thought this was one of the best issues I've read for ages. Well done!
Thank you for your feedback
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
scooterslag

Bought the magazine after a year long gap, really like the new look and article content, looking forward to more 'bang for buck' tuning pieces by Darrel, refreshing change indeed! nice one Paul ;)
The mack daddy on the left!
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

Knowledge wrote:
mick1 wrote:The technical articles are the difference.....not a massive difference but enough to pique my interest. I'm just doubtful whether there's enough material out there to do a different article/articles every month, but certainly the short term looks promising.
My initial impression was not about the nature of the articles, but about how many more words there were to read. Now that's good, and not one five page article on the wiring of the electronic DL 200 (sorry Adam and Andy G, but I really didn't like that article).

A change of technical staff shows potential. A new perspective, though Darrel Taylor's series is taking a little time to get started.

Oh, and writing a new article every month, or in my case, every two months, is not easy but it is possible. You should try it.
thanks for feedback,ive found articles difficult to write as im constantly aware of the technical background of the reader will vary so much and would be an injustice to just skim through each area in a paragraph and move on that method doesnt build on a knowledge base and allow a calculated choice or decision at the end to be safely made ,i also know its got potential to become boring too but i start to cover an area and hope to finish it then find i have 2 pages worth of data and images to offer and at that level of heavy reading for most im afraid the page will get turned over and left as it can become too much to digest and understand in one session ,ive had personal experience of reading tuning books when i was younger and lost patience and felt myself wanting to scream "just tell me how to get some power out of this f@@king thing" but it really is the long road to learning the traits that gets the good results and longer term understanding of how to apply it that is key ,, is there a way i could convey that better in the mag to the same end im happy to learn or listen to advise cheers Darrell
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

That is one BIG sentence Darrell.

Perhaps I am just being impatient. I know what you mean when you say "just tell me how to get more power out of the thing". Keep at it.
Martin
coaster

EddieStone wrote:I thought this was one of the best issues I've read for ages. Well done!
I would like to echo that sentiment, very, very promising turn for the better 8-)

An Darryl T, please don't worry about going too far into the detail, it's a LACK of detail imho that has been a problem in the past. I realise that a balance has to be struck but I doubt if anyone with a technical interest will complain ;)

Colin
Lamaddict

It's all far, far better than before. I guess this forum will indicate the general popularity of topics so following that road seems to have worked.
SULK also seems pretty good.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

scooterslag wrote:Bought the magazine after a year long gap, really like the new look and article content, looking forward to more 'bang for buck' tuning pieces by Darrel, refreshing change indeed! nice one Paul ;)
Yes, I finally caught up with the bang for buck article and I really liked it. Easy to understand and each section is sweetly constructed. It makes me wonder why no one has done such a piece before as it is such an important study of the anatomy of the tuning progression.

I look forward to the next edition.
Martin
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Thanks bud, glad you liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

That is an interesting feature and has the potential to debunk a lot of myths. Was it really a 175 jet though?!

I can imagine a lot of people straining to increase the length of their header pipe for an extra hp.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information