Scootering magazine - May edition....

The print magazine news, reviews, latest products, events & more....
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

The technical articles are the difference.....not a massive difference but enough to pique my interest. I'm just doubtful whether there's enough material out there to do a different article/articles every month, but certainly the short term looks promising.
immylam

Should dip into some of the scooter forums on spacebook, there are some interesting/amusing conversations going on there that you could possibly feature or comment on in the mag , you know how everyone likes to see their comments/pic in print. The scootering in the 80's page is usually quite good. I know there is a specific Scootering page but the less 'formal' contributor raised topics are preferable to some.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

One feature that I think would be interesting is an 'ordinary scooterist' item. Commuter, restorer, collector, customiser, wannabe, pillion, rally goer, tourer, sprinter, fabricator, rich, poor etc etc. A short interview that conveys attitude and lifestyle would be interesting - you could pick people at random off forums and facebook and see what they have to say. It would certainly put Scootering back into touch with the everyday rider. Scootering has so many aspects and concepts - there's a place in Scootering for pretty much everyone and it's something that should be celebrated.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mick1 wrote: I'm just doubtful whether there's enough material out there to do a different article/articles every month, but certainly the short term looks promising.
Kits, carbs, cranks, cases, clutches, exhausts, gearboxes, Vespas, Lambrettas, porting, tuning, dynos, servicing, repairs....there's plenty to go at ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969

immylam wrote:Should dip into some of the scooter forums on spacebook, there are some interesting/amusing conversations going on there that you could possibly feature or comment on in the mag , you know how everyone likes to see their comments/pic in print. The scootering in the 80's page is usually quite good. I know there is a specific Scootering page but the less 'formal' contributor raised topics are preferable to some.
Something similar is already on the drawing board and will be coming soon... :)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969

EddieStone wrote:One feature that I think would be interesting is an 'ordinary scooterist' item. Commuter, restorer, collector, customiser, wannabe, pillion, rally goer, tourer, sprinter, fabricator, rich, poor etc etc. A short interview that conveys attitude and lifestyle would be interesting - you could pick people at random off forums and facebook and see what they have to say. It would certainly put Scootering back into touch with the everyday rider. Scootering has so many aspects and concepts - there's a place in Scootering for pretty much everyone and it's something that should be celebrated.
Totally agree.....it's one of many items we have discussed. Watch this space (or the magazine...whichever you prefer)

;)
Muttley McLadd

EddieStone wrote: It would certainly put Scootering back into touch with the everyday rider. .
Is there such a thing, these days? I know of only a handful of people that use a scooter every day.
CakeAndArseParty
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

mick1 wrote:The technical articles are the difference.....not a massive difference but enough to pique my interest. I'm just doubtful whether there's enough material out there to do a different article/articles every month, but certainly the short term looks promising.
My initial impression was not about the nature of the articles, but about how many more words there were to read. Now that's good, and not one five page article on the wiring of the electronic DL 200 (sorry Adam and Andy G, but I really didn't like that article).

A change of technical staff shows potential. A new perspective, though Darrel Taylor's series is taking a little time to get started.

Oh, and writing a new article every month, or in my case, every two months, is not easy but it is possible. You should try it.
Martin
Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

So far so good Dan...you ve not had an easy start with being an assistant Editor,basically just dropped in it so to speak..But for what I ve read up to now is good and once the pace is upped im sure you will sail through it with ease, one thing I would like to see being a novice on tuning,is the explaination on how to tune,how to set up timing,port timing and using it in degrees so that we all understand a little more rather than just hoping for the best...just a thought..... 8-)
drunkmunkey6969

Trojan wrote:So far so good Dan...you ve not had an easy start with being an assistant Editor,basically just dropped in it so to speak..But for what I ve read up to now is good and once the pace is upped im sure you will sail through it with ease, one thing I would like to see being a novice on tuning,is the explaination on how to tune,how to set up timing,port timing and using it in degrees so that we all understand a little more rather than just hoping for the best...just a thought..... 8-)
Long road ahead.....its all in the pipeline :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information