Bikesure Insurance and other Insurance related questions

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Just been on the phone to both Footman James and Bikesure.

Amazing what Bikesure assumes on the last page of the online quote!! It's worth reading and going back to modify your quote to ensure you are acutally covered!

for example I haven't been resident in the uk since birth, I do have a secondary occupation to the main one, I have had a claim in the last 5 years (albeit in the car and minor) I do have a CCJ in the last 6 years, I do want to be covered for commuting!

Oh and I do have uprated brakes, an uprated exhaust and a modified engine etc, it assumes no changes from factory spec!

Despite Footman James cocking up a few details on my renewal, a phone call resulted in all being sorted and a renewal of £112, after having to phone Bikesure after making the changes to the policy online to ensure it was accurate the cheapest they could do was £230

I think I may well be staying with Footman James after all.

Just done an online quote with Carole Nash too and was quite comprehensive and impressive and it's come back at £134.37 which is also good, but still not beating FJ
Donnie.
Barry@Bikesure

Donnie wrote:Just been on the phone to both Footman James and Bikesure.

Amazing what Bikesure assumes on the last page of the online quote!! It's worth reading and going back to modify your quote to ensure you are acutally covered!

for example I haven't been resident in the uk since birth, I do have a secondary occupation to the main one, I have had a claim in the last 5 years (albeit in the car and minor) I do have a CCJ in the last 6 years, I do want to be covered for commuting!

Oh and I do have uprated brakes, an uprated exhaust and a modified engine etc, it assumes no changes from factory spec!

Despite Footman James cocking up a few details on my renewal, a phone call resulted in all being sorted and a renewal of £112, after having to phone Bikesure after making the changes to the policy online to ensure it was accurate the cheapest they could do was £230

I think I may well be staying with Footman James after all.

Just done an online quote with Carole Nash too and was quite comprehensive and impressive and it's come back at £134.37 which is also good, but still not beating FJ
Hello Donnie,

I think the reason the online quote assume many details is to get a you a quick price. Obviously to confirm that price you can then go through online and change everything as necessary or call us. On this occasion you has to pay extra but many people do save money by calling us, so for this I do apologize.

Did you mention you were a member of the forum?

Thanks

Barry
Barry@Bikesure

The weathers been very kind to us lately, about time!

Where is everyone's favourite spot to ride to and why?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

I didnt' mention it on the call no, though as I clicked through from here Id assume the system would already have taken the referral from here?

Wouldnt matter anyway though as even if i got the 25% its still dearer. :-/
Donnie.
rondord

Barry@Bikesure wrote:The weathers been very kind to us lately, about time!

Tumbleweed. .....
Barry@Bikesure

Donnie wrote:I didnt' mention it on the call no, though as I clicked through from here Id assume the system would already have taken the referral from here?

Wouldnt matter anyway though as even if i got the 25% its still dearer. :-/
Unfortunately it doesn't automatically assume that at the moment, although it is something that is being worked on.

Feel free to PM me your quote number or postcode and surname and I'll have a look into it. Sometimes in special cases we can give you a 'flat rated' price which means that we could give you more than 25% off and drop administration costs too.

Let me know if you want to give it a try.

Thanks

Barry
Barry@Bikesure

rondord wrote:
Barry@Bikesure wrote:The weathers been very kind to us lately, about time!

Tumbleweed. .....
:lol:

I'll assume everybody was busy enjoying the weather!
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

ok lets see if you can help or offer advice

a great friend of mine has just turned 18, he has spent about 4-5 years restoring a sportique 150, all by himself and has done really well

he has fitted a 125 topend

hes done his CBT, now wants to insure it on the VIN so he can register it, hes having problems as insurers are saying its 150cc,but its not its 125cc, he cant have the V5 changed as they suggest as its not regged yet?

what do you advise, this young mod is really getting stressed.

thanks

ok so was a bit late last night and it was pub night, so thought I would try and add more info

basically hes 18, got CBT, needs to insure a 1959 sportique 150 but with 125 barrel etc, on the VIN number so that he can register it, then continue with the insurance properly

clean license, garaged, EX33 postcode,
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Barry@Bikesure

tonydevon wrote:ok lets see if you can help or offer advice

a great friend of mine has just turned 18, he has spent about 4-5 years restoring a sportique 150, all by himself and has done really well

he has fitted a 125 topend

hes done his CBT, now wants to insure it on the VIN so he can register it, hes having problems as insurers are saying its 150cc,but its not its 125cc, he cant have the V5 changed as they suggest as its not regged yet?

what do you advise, this young mod is really getting stressed.

thanks

ok so was a bit late last night and it was pub night, so thought I would try and add more info

basically hes 18, got CBT, needs to insure a 1959 sportique 150 but with 125 barrel etc, on the VIN number so that he can register it, then continue with the insurance properly

clean license, garaged, EX33 postcode,
Sorry about the late reply, I thought I already had but obviously not!

This does sound like a tricky one and certainly not something we hear about very often.

Get him to give us a call on 0800 089 2000 and speak to me and we will see what we can do.

Thanks

Barry
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

think u find u cant just put a 125cc on 150cc and just ride it , it has to have a letter from a garage comfirming the changes then it might still need inspecting
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information