Best way to turn off lambretta...??

FREE tuning and maintenance info, plus links to our original tuning pages that started it all off.
S2CUF
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Ok thanks for all the replies. I am mechanically minded. But not with these older types.. Like I say. I've inherited this from my dad who passed In May. I think the carb might not be set up correctly. Or maybe needs cleaning out. I will get it up and running to as best as I can and then take it to my cousin who knows probley everything about these Lammys. Thanks all.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

You could try checking the carb jets. I had a blocked pilot jet once and it wouldn't start unless I pushed it fast enough to get the main jet working.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Were you have an ignition switch,on an Li its normally a kill button and you just push it to stop the scooter.The kill button has been swopped on your scooter for an ignition switch,just turning the key anti-clockwise the scooter should stop,if it doesn't the wire could be off at the back of the switch or it could be off at the other end of the loom/junction box if its 6v or CDI if its 12v electronic,either way if you stop it by turning the petrol off and letting the carb float bowl run dry,when you come to start it again it wont start straight away,when you turn on the petrol the float bowl which you had run dry has to fill again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information