RB 240

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
carlos fandango

Heres a my RB.
It started life as one of the first batch of 250s it has a similar port layout to the 225s. It was unused but looked as if someone had thrown it across the room :shock: and a piece of the spigot had broken off.
At the time 2009/10 there was a lot of talk about the weakness of the bridges on the ex port, so i decided to have a steel liner put in and make the area on the bridges slightly wider, in retrospect i should of got them welded up :? but hey-ho.
I wanted the motor as a low reving rally engine and not a rev monster so after a bit of research i decided on the timings i wanted. The liner i had put in was also raised proud of the head gasket face so the head could be spigoted on to the barrel to centre it and provide a better seal.
It pulls really well from low rpm . Its almost what i wanted...... but not quite :?

So ive got
71mm bore
60mm x 110mm alpha crank
JL3 / NK mid....... i switch between the two
30mm PHBH
4.7 final drive

24.3 BHP @ 6461 rpm
21 lbs @ 5886 rpm

When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
joespeed

who put the liner in?

not quite!
carlos fandango

joespeed wrote:who put the liner in?

not quite!
PJME I did ask for it to be done like that lol
It was done twice through them ! and its still no quite right :freak: but that's another matter !
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

What's wrong with it??? I'm waiting for mine to come back
carlos fandango

jonashford wrote:What's wrong with it??? I'm waiting for mine to come back
PM sent
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

ive just ported a linered rb225 done for a customer by pj ,wished id took a photo before as it was all over the place with ports at all different heights/shapes lacking all dimensional acturacy and chopped into the ally casting really roughly, prior to this did a monza around a year ago that was as bad that they left the transfers and stud holes requiring ally welding after they drilled and tapped them ,i do sympathise with them though as your paying for a liner to be done but what they actually have to do is a full porting job which on an rb with 9 tricky ports and an inlet plus 2 sets of transfer cut outs to match up they do have there work cut out,id much prefer them to offer a liner service with just starter holes to be finished off by a tuner then with the reduced labour should be able to offer a reduced cost
to the casual observer all may appear well but when you start measuring :o :cry: :evil:
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
carlos fandango

Darrell Taylor wrote:ive just ported a linered rb225 done for a customer by pj ,wished id took a photo before as it was all over the place with ports at all different heights/shapes lacking all dimensional acturacy and chopped into the ally casting really roughly, prior to this did a monza around a year ago that was as bad that they left the transfers and stud holes requiring ally welding after they drilled and tapped them ,i do sympathise with them though as your paying for a liner to be done but what they actually have to do is a full porting job which on an rb with 9 tricky ports and an inlet plus 2 sets of transfer cut outs to match up they do have there work cut out,id much prefer them to offer a liner service with just starter holes to be finished off by a tuner then with the reduced labour should be able to offer a reduced cost
to the casual observer all may appear well but when you start measuring :o :cry: :evil:
yes i know about the Monza, Chris was telling me at the time, i know he was furious :evil:
RB/TS barrells cant have any more ports than say an RS125 can they ? which i think is more of their main market.
Im sure if you asked him he'd leave small holes instead, i asked him to leave the trans and ex posts 1mm smaller for me to finish off , which he did that bit right :)
Russ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information