white paint Supertune

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
mr mugello

My Lambretta is in for a respray but the white looks too creamy for outer panelwork against the black. I'm just going by photoes of recent copies I can find of scooters. I gave the sparyer code for tv/sx new white Lecler 8059. He has done the internals , cowlings ,etc. When Supertune back in the 60'sconverted a standard white sx/tv would they have just applied black, leaving the rest original white ? Cheers for any advice
mr mugello

Just to add Sticky's book mention's, "Don't take for granted PPG's New White 8059 is going to be identical to Lechler's New White 8059 ". Which manufacturers 8059 is the best match, anyone found ? Thanks
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

MM, you worry too much. I doubt very much you'll find a reliable source detailing the original colour. Never mind what it looked like in the flesh, so to speak. The best you can probably say is that it is in the spirit of the original. I'm sure it will look okay as it is.
mr mugello

I spent ages by hand stripping the old paint and rust just want to get the paint right. Looks too much coffee and cream colour wise too me, if you know what I mean.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information