SS90 (copy) bodywork preparation etc

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

An enjoyable read on Christmas day........makes me want to dive into the man cave and start working on the several projects that have stalled.
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

That is simply Stunning.Well done.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Brilliant
newmanlammy
Dealer
Main scooter: Animal worldwide freeride

Ive just sat and read all the way through this post for the first time and found it fascinating, brilliant work Martin your a clever chap, after rebuilding a vespa frame for a friend earlier this year even i would have thought twice about taking that one on. You have the same problem holding things as i do when welding as with gas or tig you need two hands its easy to see why mig is the weld of choice for assembling parts together.
Its made a super looking scooter I bet Will is super happy with it.
Id love to see some pictures of the process used to make the bead around the legshields, after doing numerous cutdowns ive always thought a rolled edge would make a much stiffer and neater job of it than just cutting and slipping a rubber bead on.

All the best to you and the family pal and hope to see you soon
Keith and dawn
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive just read the full story and what a great job you have done, and it even better that its for your son, im sure it will mean a lot more to him that youve put a lot of hard work into it, well done a great looking scooter, im a lammy man all day long but must say the vespa smallframe does it for me, perfect proportions and curves, a credit to you.

holty
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

Everyone is upstairs getting showered and changed for xmas lunch at mum in laws. I'm reading this on m phone and thinking what a fantastic story,

Inspirational Martin, super job. Just fantastic. You're a clever (and very thoughtful) chap
gaz_powell

Brilliant work Martin.....if Will ain't happy I can come down at short notice and get it out of his way!!

All the best

Gaz
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Stunning work. Your son is a very lucky young man.
Rsport220

What a great write up and such a refreshing change to see a properly thought out Vespa project on here. To shorten the frame just to make the spare wheel sit correctly shows true dedication, I would have found a bigger wheel lol, fair play to you. Got any more projects on the go?
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the story: I thought you might.

Yes, i have another project about to start. An Li150 to DL conversion with a 283cc engine, but it is more likely to feature in Oily Rag in Jetset.

I will post a few photos of the SS90 taken outside, as the paint doesn't look very good in the artificial light of the dining room.
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information