Which spray gun nozzle size???

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

About to have a go at spray painting and need to order my first gun. Not sure which nozzle size to use for this metallic paint:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1lt-Cadbury-P ... 1394665639?

Do I go for a 1.8 or lower?

Many thanks :D
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

the size of the cap relates to the volume of air pumped by your compressor, have you found out any of your compressor details yet, that paint looks quite nice, you can of course thin the paint using cellulose thinners, you will need some to clean your gun afterwards anyway, a couple of bits of cardboard can be used as test cards, your gun will have an air adjuster, a paint adjuster, and a fan adjuster,you will have to experiment a bit to get the gun set where you can get a decent result. i find i get the best results thinning the paint well down and having the air not too high, my air cap is 1.5 , if the caps too big for the compressor it will lose pressure as your painting until the paint wont atomise correctly and the gun will spit out lumps of paint instead of a mist, good fun im sure you will enjoy having a go. good luck,
holty
alanscottj

holty wrote:the size of the cap relates to the volume of air pumped by your compressor, have you found out any of your compressor details yet, that paint looks quite nice, you can of course thin the paint using cellulose thinners, you will need some to clean your gun afterwards anyway, a couple of bits of cardboard can be used as test cards, your gun will have an air adjuster, a paint adjuster, and a fan adjuster,you will have to experiment a bit to get the gun set where you can get a decent result. i find i get the best results thinning the paint well down and having the air not too high, my air cap is 1.5 , if the caps too big for the compressor it will lose pressure as your painting until the paint wont atomise correctly and the gun will spit out lumps of paint instead of a mist, good fun im sure you will enjoy having a go. good luck,
holty
Thanks for the advice bud :D I think my compressor is 8.5 cfm so will have a look for a gun that will work with that :D
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

mine is 750 cfm and a 1.5 works fine, so your would be fine with a 1.5
alanscottj

holty wrote:mine is 750 cfm and a 1.5 works fine, so your would be fine with a 1.5
Yep, that's the one I have ordered. Thanks for the tips :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information