Carb conundrums

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Keeko
Main scooter: '97 Vespa T5 Classic

Looking for advice and expertise on 2 issues. First is this; riding along just fine on an Easter run, last 10 miles of the 80 and as i slowed for lights and eased off the throttle the scoot stuttered to a stall. Eventually it re-started but wouldnt idle and had to be revved to keep going. I got home, stripped the carb and gave it a thorough cleaning and put a new plug in. Got it to tick over fine. It'll rev ok when i open the throttle but if i try and take off at low revs it stalls. While ticking over, if you open the throttle gently about an 1/8 it'll just die. I'm baffled and need some help before going insane. I'm on a T5 classic, Malossi 172, Cosa 21t clutch. Standard carb with 122 main jet and sip road XL. I must emphasise that the bike was running great, really great up until the last 10 miles.

My 2nd issue is this; I've bought a phbh 28mm dellorto, regrettably from Facebook and in a rush. What jets SHOULD I be running in it for the above set up as I've been advised that the ones in it are way off. Thanks in advance, much appreciated.
  • Information