Sip Speedo problems

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
nige1972

Howdy, any sip Speedo experts on here?:-)
Got one here that has been temperamental for while with display on/off especially when hit bumps. Display has gone now but there is a slight backlight showing. All connections are good and good AC voltage. Brown connected to main loom Brown and red to yellow from switch. When 12v DC connected to main feed the display works perfect but won't work through power from stator. My question is does the black box convert the AC to DC cos I'm thinking thats failed somehow now ive got the Speedo working with DV power supply, still running the voltage through the black box..any thoughts?
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Correct the black box does convert ac to dc....
Not the best if honest and i usually change system to dc when using sip speedos.
Also check earth tags on speedo unit and look at board in box could be bad soldered joint
servetaeire
Main scooter: 83 serveta exclusive 150

read nearly 99% of the post on here still cant figure out my sip speedo its the mark 2 i have entered the tyre circumfrence but the manual and the online sip videos are a nightmare my prob is the manual says 0.77 is the benchmark after you input the tyre set up ie 1234 and then move to the digits to the right to finish but the v2 speedo for the lambretta has 2 zeros and you can only go to 29 i cannot for the life of me figure out how to set it
so i have set ext for the speedo cable
the new type speed sensor
s83 tyres
everything on the clock is workin perfect apart from the actual speed so far i have travelled 40 k on a 2 k journey no reply from sip waste of time emailing them iv resorted to using a gps app on my phone as im rumnning in my engine and need to keep track of my milage
any help appreciated or a point to any info on this previously posted
servetaeire

read nearly 99% of the post on here still cant figure out my sip speedo its the mark 2 i have entered the tyre circumfrence but the manual and the online sip videos are a nightmare my prob is the manual says 0.77 is the benchmark after you input the tyre set up ie 1234 and then move to the digits to the right to finish but the v2 speedo for the lambretta has 2 zeros and you can only go to 29 i cannot for the life of me figure out how to set it
so i have set ext for the speedo cable
the new type speed sensor
s83 tyres
everything on the clock is workin perfect apart from the actual speed so far i have travelled 40 k on a 2 k journey no reply from sip waste of time emailing them iv resorted to using a gps app on my phone as im rumnning in my engine and need to keep track of my milage
any help appreciated or a point to any info on this previously posted
cant post a pic but its setting 3 on the clock
servetaeire

this is the setting the digits on the right arw what i need to set i think

GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Big number is the distance travelled per wheel revolution, I think the small number is number of pulses per revolution, as in how many triggers/magnets you have on the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
hat
Main scooter: SX150/ Mugello 186

Yep what the manual doesnt tell you is that if you select EXT for the sensor then instead of inputting a gear ratio for the wheel revolution, you input a number to indicate how many pickup pulses the sensor receives per revolution. The big 4 digit number is your wheel circumference in mm, the small number you input after this is the number of pulses per revolution, usually just 1 if you have 1 magnet passing th sensor.

This way you are telling the control box that for each pulse, the scooter is traveling x distance in mm, and it calculates speed from this
servetaeire

Dont have magnets on tbe wheel
Its the sip sensor that fits in to the speedo drive on the hub
No 4 is the pulse so the one in 3 cant be pulse
Its the digits on the right in 3 im struggling with any deas
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Ah Ok, I was thinking of the other type of external sensor.

Im not familiar with this one but Looking at the manual you still need to select EXT and enter the wheel diameter (times by whatever multiplier), then select 06P.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
servetaeire

will try that cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information