Problem: Layshaft and hub don't match

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
heisenbretta
Main scooter: 125 Special

Just bought a Tino Sacchi Layshaft and a Scootopia hub, so both are brand new and supposed to match, but... They don't !

I reported the problem to my local parts dealer and he has tried with different hubs from Scootopia and different Layshafts from Tino and none of them match...
The UNi hubs match with the Tino Layshafts though..

Both my Belgian parts dealer and Scootopia are very responsive and busy trying to find a solution but in the meantime I wanted to know 2 things:

- Does anyone have had the same problem ? (If yes how did he solve it ?)
- what do you think of the UNI hub, is it as good as the Scootopia ones ?

I forgot: it's for a TV 175 series 2
Thanks in advance for your help !
Eean

Just sending two scootopia safe hubs back as both didnt fit my 59 series 1 layshaft,Lee at Scootopia couldnt have been more helpful,he sent me a hub hed got to fit his framebreather layshaft but it still didnt fit so rebuilt using orig hub and getting refunded etc, a bit gutted really as Id have been able to use the larger hub puller bolts but managed to fit a locktab anyway, mad how some things dont fit
heisenbretta
Main scooter: 125 Special

Sorry to read about your badluck, indeed it seems that there's in issue with those hubs... Can't you fit the UNI ones ?
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Have got a UNI fitted (to MB layshaft) for about 5 years of daily all year round riding and have had no problems with it
Eean

Hi sorry not been on here for a while, just bought an MB layshaft and tried to get a super safe scootopia hub but there doesn't seem to be any anywhere?
Might just ring MB and get one of there's, not bothered who's it is as long as it's safe, my old hub gets on my nerves as I have to keep taking off to deglaze it now and then even with newfren shoes on
Eean

Just spoke to Lee at Scootopia, said there's a fresh batch coming in a few weeks, 500 so that's great timing for me 😀
Eean

I got a UNI one from MB, couldn't be arsed waiting looks and fits well
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information