fork buffer size

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
mr mugello

Just checking the size of my fork buffers, bolt in type for early series three. All four are same size. Is this correct ? Sticky's book mention's two sizes. thanks
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

There should be two different sizes ( difference is 5mm in height )However I always use buffers of the same size,top and bottom.
YAMLAM

HxPaul wrote:There should be two different sizes ( difference is 5mm in height )However I always use buffers of the same size,top and bottom.
Any advantage why you do this or is it just easier fitting ? or do you use four of the thicker ?
cheers.
win or lose have a booze
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

HxPaul wrote:There should be two different sizes ( difference is 5mm in height )However I always use buffers of the same size,top and bottom.

I use 4 thick ones- bit of a struggle at times getting them in place, but does seem to make the set up taut.
Scootering since 1968.
HxPaul

YAMLAM wrote:
Any advantage why you do this or is it just easier fitting ? or do you use four of the thicker ?
cheers.
Sorry,yes all of the thicker size.They tend to prevent,to a certain extent,diving under braking.The so called experts cant decide wether the thicker buffers should go at the top or bottom,some say bottom on series 1and 2 and GP,but not for series 3 and some say the reverse.
Lamaddict

Might be a different depending on brake set ups. I've seen Scootopia advertise 2 different types, one for drum and one for disc brakes. I assume the disc brake package might contain 4 thicker ones.
HxPaul

Lamaddict wrote:Might be a different depending on brake set ups. I've seen Scootopia advertise 2 different types, one for drum and one for disc brakes. I assume the disc brake package might contain 4 thicker ones.
Your right,the large buffers are for the disc brake set up.The large standard size are 20mm,the large ones for the disc set up are 25mm.
mr mugello

My set are Scootopia's for drum brake, bolt in setup. All same size. From memory I think they were 20 mm height.
mr mugello

So are there three sizes of buffers to select from 20 mm being medium ?
HxPaul

mr mugello wrote:My set are Scootopia's for drum brake, bolt in setup. All same size. From memory I think they were 20 mm height.
Those are the large standard size buffers.They are what I use.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information