Jetting after M-Tech

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

Just fitted an M-tech and am happy with it after a bit of fettling to the stator .
My question is why does it affect the slow running jetting so much . I had to go down a size on my PWK pilot jet to get the mixture screw to have any effect at all ?
I`m not the brightest about the in depth technicalities of how timing affects jetting ? :?
I went up a main jet one size and down a pilot jet one.
Just like to understand it really
coaster

Probably would depend on which ignition curve you selected, some retard a little, then advance a lot and then retard a lot. That is bound to affect the way that the fuel is burnt at different points in the rev range.
nellyboyo

It retards now from 23 all the way down to 16 now . Setting number 8 on the box .
So it burns less fuel as its more advanced ...or at least burns it more efficiently and therefore requires less. ? Is that right ?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Generally speaking, you'd fuel the advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
nellyboyo

So I`d seem to have gone a bit arse backwards by a small amount.
I've definitely gone too rich lower down . The dropping of the pilot one size has brought the mixture screw back into range after a turn and it seems fine so I`ll leave it a that and keep plug chopping . tidy ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information