125-180cc

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
ricardo59
Main scooter: vespa px 125-180

Hi
I've got a vespa px 125 with a 180cc upgrade, my question is do i have the right set up for my scooter? it has a PM big bore exhaust, 30mm Delorto carb. would it need other upgrades to cope with the extra hp? i.e clutch, gearing, crank? I bought it from a shop who couldn't tell any more about it apart from the afore mentioned
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I don't think it'll need any upgrades. You'll know fairly quick if it could pull taller gearing when you take it out for a spin. Has it done a few miles on the current set up or is it newly done? All kit, exhaust and carb changes need to be set up properly but if it's all been done already then just enjoy it! Might be an idea to post this question in the vespa tech section. Good luck with it!
ricardo59

Thanks for your reply, I don't know how many miles its done since conversion or if it was set up professionally? think i mite call the shop i bought it from to ask for the number of the person who sold it to them. Like i've said before it does seem heavy on fuel so maybe it does need retuning?
acko

Personally I'd take the big carb off.
Stick a Dellorto off a P2 on it.
Be better on fuel and you'll not lose any power.
Your set up doesn't require a 30mm carb.
Better to be someone for a day than no-one for a lifetime
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Agree with acko in that the 30 Dellorto carb is a waste of effort and fuel.

I've a 210 Malossi with the 24/24 P200 carb, slightly main up-jetted to suit kit and a BGM big box exhaust. Engine performance, acceleration and fuel economy is great.

With that carb and kit, i bet most of the fuel is being chucked out and the volume of fuel being thrown into your cylinder is chocking performance.
ricardo59

Thanks for your replies, think i will change the carb coz like you said its chucking the fuel back out and probably affecting the performance...in fact its chucking fuel allover the back wheel! and only doing about 30 mpg.
ricardo59

Hi would a 24/24 P200 carb fit straight on my px125 and would i need an air filter?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information