SIP Tubeless Rim on Pepperpot Disc Hub - Fitting..

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
humble
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125 S2

Morning All

Trying to fit a new SIP tubeless rim to a GP fitted with a pepperpot style front hub (scootrs?, not sure). So, first issue is that the wheel does not fit to the hub, can sort that by matching a couple of mm from the outside diameter of the disc.
Next issue relates to the actual hub studs. On this hub the existing studs are an allen key style stud and are recessed into the disc to ensure correct clearance of the disc caliper. Now the only extended hub studs that I can find so far are the standard style ones which do not fit in the recess and therefore protrude above the recess therefore 'catching' on the caliper.....

Has anyone come across this issue before? Is it just a matter of making the diameter of the recess bigger to take the new type hub studs (can screw in using double nut method) or better still does anyone know if the allen cap style hub studs are avaialble in an extended length? HAve had a look and cannot find any of this style of hub stud at all.....

Appreciate if anyone has had this issue before and which is best method to resolve. Your thoughts and comments appreciated

Cheers
humble
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Can you post a pic?
shocky

I have that combo from just lambretta the disc is a spaq one and used traditional type studs with the addition od more thread that screws into the hub , I swapped them or rather martin corrado did for the sip ones not had any problems
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information