Rotax 300 builld

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

Spend the extra time pressure testing everything (top end, intake, cooling system, etc) as all that welding and machine can create lots of tiny pockets that will wreak havoc when it comes time to tune it. What crank are you going to use? Never know I might need another some day...
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

RManson wrote:Spend the extra time pressure testing everything (top end, intake, cooling system, etc) as all that welding and machine can create lots of tiny pockets that will wreak havoc when it comes time to tune it. What crank are you going to use? Never know I might need another some day...
martin at chiselspeed is making it for me, bigger webs, and special big end pin to go with the 125 rod, he is just waiting on the big end pin, he and his shop have just had a feature in scootering magazine.
RManson

I decided to change out the push-to-start ignition system on the Rotax bike as the previous one was causing a strange draw on the battery and I wasn't happy with the features. Here's the new keyless ignition system...

ImageRotax Lamby build-174 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

And the button on the headset (Honda S2000). When the system is "armed", the button is completely passive.

ImageRotax Lamby build-175 by PotvinV8, on Flickr]

Here are the fobs that the system communicates with, in either a passive or manual manner...

ImageRotax Lamby build-176 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

The lock/unlock button "arms" the system, which then powers up the push-to-start button and allows the bike to be fired up. Alternatively, the system can be set up to be passive, allowing the bike to power up when the fob is within a certain range of the ECM, making for a truly keyless system.

ImageRotax Lamby build-177 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

Once the ECM detects the fob, the push button illuminates and things are ready to rock!

Hopefully the next post will contain footage of the electric start in all it's glory. Unfortunately, at this time I'm still tracking down a decent combination of a starter and bendix that can handle the thumper. Stay tuned!
Last edited by RManson on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
RManson

Had an issue with the stock Aprilia RS125 rectifier/regulator and decided to upgrade to a series-style, non-shunting SH775 R/R. Supposed to put less stress on the stator as it only draws what it needs as opposed to drawing a full load and shunting it to ground. That's what they say anyways.

ImageRotax Lamby build-178 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-179 by PotvinV8, on Flickr
Last edited by RManson on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TED CRUD

How much are the Kits RMason ??
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
RManson

The kit I'm using starts out at $429, but it wouldn't be what I would use for a standard Lamby as you wouldn't need all the push-to-start features since you wouldn't be utilizing an electric start. There is a simpler RFID kit for motorcycles for $250 or something like that.

Check out their website for full details, demos, and pricing... http://www.digitalguarddawg.com
TED CRUD

Keyless would be great .I am also going to run a GT APRILIA ignition where did you get the regulator from or what bike are they used on .???
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
RManson

Mine's from a Harley but they're on all sorts of bikes now. Just search "SH775" and you'll turn up all sorts of info. Note there is a very similar R/R that is of the shunting variety that's labeled FH020AA or something similar that is not the same. You want the SH775 though the FH020AA would be an upgrade nonetheless. They're also super easy to wire, easier than wiring the Aprilia unit in fact. What are you building?
TED CRUD

i am in the process of building a Honda CR250 lc power valve top end 72 mm crank .Going to use the GT Intercontinental block .Aprilia stator ,Zeeltronic programmable ignition ,36mm lectron carb .Full bodied Carbon Fibre GP
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

TED CRUD wrote:i am in the process of building a Honda CR250 lc power valve top end 72 mm crank .Going to use the GT Intercontinental block .Aprilia stator ,Zeeltronic programmable ignition ,36mm lectron carb .Full bodied Carbon Fibre GP
sounds good, go on, get some pics for us to have a look at ?

holty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information