zinc plating long wait

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
mr mugello

A metal polishing firm near to me has told me a wait time of 8 weeks for re zincing of parts. Anyone recommend a faster, good, reliable plater for zinc in the UK ? Cheers.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Hi MM. I used to use a firm at Manningtree/Lawford who would often turn stuff around in a day. The official line was £35 for a batch of plating, but it could be quite a big batch of stuff.

I haven't had cause to use them for a good few years though.
Martin
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

Why not DIY?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I ended up using Leicester plating, took every nut, bolt, bracket fitting, everything in fact all loose in a bucket they charged me their minimum price of £40 cash, took it one Wednesday picked up the following Tuesday.

Don't be tempted withe eBay kits whatever you do. I bought one,60 odd quid, then I found I needed to spend another £40 on a special cleaning kit, then another £20 for something else, read the instructions only to find you needed to be some kind of nucular physicist to be able to get the required results, sent the whole bloody lot back for a refund f@@k that. Not to mention all that nasty s**t around your house, no get the pro's to do it.
mr mugello

Thanks. Only need gear change and brake links rezinced. Might be better to just buy new Scootopia remade links. I was just thinking that the remade won't be as good a fit teeth wise to my Innocenti parts. Am I right thinking this or wrong :?:
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I doubt it would be a problem. To be honest I've used a lot of their replacement parts rather than faff around with original stuff. For the price it seemed daft not too. I would have done the same thing at one time. But, as time goes by you realise it's just not that important anymore.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information