LI125 restoration

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
rcarter

been hanging around the forum for a while now, and its about time i actually started doing my rebuild...i have some work to do.
here she is: (the main bulk if her at least)

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

First thing that occurs to me is that it's a late Spanish frame with the toolbox door blanked off and you've got a toolbox. You need to think about which way you want to go with it. It's going to be difficult to fit a toolbox if you want to open up the door. Personally I think I'd leave it as is and think about a legshield toolbox when you've done.
rcarter

oh yeah, i want bothered about the toolbox, it just came with.

out of interest, how do you know its a spanish frame? what are the specific features?

Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

The main giveaway is the lack of a toolbox door. It's just blanked off, and that's only a feature of late Spanish frames. There's also no hinge for a petrol flap. You'll probably find that the engines mounts are reinforced with a bracket as well. The frame number seems to vary on late ones too. If it's not in the usual place it might be stamped on a cross member.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Short tail pipe is also a feature of Spanish exhausts.

Check the legshields for drillings for badges - if none then they're also probably right for the frame. You may also find no holes for badge holder at the rear seat hump.

Frame number and engine number should match exactly too if it's the right motor.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

And some advice from someone who has recently done his first Lambretta restoration: Do not do as I did and get stuck in with stripping everything and binning it knowing your going to refit all new stuff that's available the many scooter dealers out there, firstly the old stuff cleaned up looks much better (and fits better) and secondly you'll save yourself a whole heap of expense by doing so.
Good luck with the build.
rcarter

thanks for the advice! i hope it will be relatively straight forward, i am hoping to have it done ready for next summers scooter meets.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information