EU, in or out?

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
Muttley McLadd

Meds wrote: Hopefully we will start to have a sensible fact based debate on the pros no cons and leave out the we won the war/ if you vote leave its economic disaster.
Not if there's politicians involved, you wont.
CakeAndArseParty
ducksta

So what do we want and will we get it more houses more jobs no immigration lower taxes leeds united in the premiership is it realy going to happen ime more in then out or is that what the misses said
live life your a long time dead
jonzo172

Out!

For better or for worse, at least we will be masters of our own destiny.
ducksta

Another way to think about this out and everybody supports the conservative party as they will be making the big life changing decisions
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

ducksta wrote:So what do we want and will we get it more houses more jobs no immigration lower taxes leeds united in the premiership is it realy going to happen ime more in then out or is that what the misses said
The obvious one is that if you're not from the UK you'll need a permit/visa......not an EU passport.

the only "foreigners" in the UK (in theory) will be on Work visa's, Holiday visa's, student visa's......and political asylum seekers. There's probably a few more categories but, as with the before mentioned, they will all have to have applied for to be here.

Let's be honest the IN/OUT issue is, for a lot of people, the solution to the immigration issue. If the government and the EU can't see this and give the UK powers to stop the immigration then maybe we should be out.

On a slightly different note.....if the OUT vote carries how many "foreigners" would be allowed in a premiership football team ? Under the existing EU ruling you could fill a team with no Englishmen and just EU players. I think the current ruling is 3 "foreign" players (from outside the EU). If it's 3 foreign players including EU nationals...........oh fun days ahead :D Leeds may then get back in the premiership :?
ducksta

Still unsure mick need more evidance if it will be in my interest
Muttley McLadd

mick1 wrote: On a slightly different note.....if the OUT vote carries how many "foreigners" would be allowed in a premiership football team ? Under the existing EU ruling you could fill a team with no Englishmen and just EU players. I think the current ruling is 3 "foreign" players (from outside the EU). If it's 3 foreign players including EU nationals...........oh fun days ahead :D Leeds may then get back in the premiership :?
Wouldn't the employer (team) need to prove they can't employ a local for the role, before opening it up to foreigners?
Ie, like any other employer.
I can't see ball kicker being on a skill shortage list, and thus eligible for a work visa.
CakeAndArseParty
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Muttley McLadd wrote:
mick1 wrote: On a slightly different note.....if the OUT vote carries how many "foreigners" would be allowed in a premiership football team ? Under the existing EU ruling you could fill a team with no Englishmen and just EU players. I think the current ruling is 3 "foreign" players (from outside the EU). If it's 3 foreign players including EU nationals...........oh fun days ahead :D Leeds may then get back in the premiership :?
Wouldn't the employer (team) need to prove they can't employ a local for the role, before opening it up to foreigners?
Ie, like any other employer.
I can't see ball kicker being on a skill shortage list, and thus eligible for a work visa.
Newcastle and Aston Villa may have a case.........
sydduckett

I lean towards out, but id like to move to france in the future and would be better suited if we stay in. I dont think i will vote but i expect it will be about 70%_ 30% in favour of staying in.
YAMLAM

out for me.
the common market was/is a good idea, all the other crap and giving the EU 5o odd million a day , swings it for me .

"There are far too many unknowns and dangers in the world to go down this route. The EU may not be perfect. It needs reformed, granted. But it's kept the peace in the region for 70 years."
EU is only about 50yrs old.
win or lose have a booze
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information