Italy 2017

National, regional, local...if you have a scooter and want to rally, ride or meet up, post it here!
Micky Tapp
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Can some one explain why there is a second Lambretta meet two weeks before the Euro Lambretta meet in Italy. Surely this is just going to split the attendance? Seems like someone is just jumping on the bandwagon and spoiling the Euro for the punters!
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

does it? what are the two meetings do you know?
Donnie.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I was interested in the Eurolambretta but then found out it was nowhere near Milan which I thought would have been the obvious choice. A trip to Venice and going on a gondola was something I'd do with the Mrs,not on a scooter rally.
This event now in Monza sounds much better given its right near Milan. Not sure why the new event could be achieved when there was an article in scootering a few months ago stating the difficulties in securing the Monza originally.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Adria is about 200 miles further than Milan, which equates to 2 extra nights. That ruled me out going to Adria (time off work, etc). Needing 2 less days Milan/Monza is now looking possible.

To answer the original question: Italian scooter politics........
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

It is probably a bigger story than any of us have time to write here, but I prefer to think of it this way:

The LC d'Italia couldn't afford to hire a site at Milan (or Monza) so they chose a venue at Adria race circuit. This is where the national Lambretta clubs will meet for the Euro-Lambretta jamboree in 2017.

The 70th anniversary event at Milan is a scooter rally organised Lambretta owners, and you do not need to be a member of a national club to attend.

It is not unusual for there to be two big rallies in the U.K. separated by just two weeks.

This is by far the most polite way to interpret what has occurred in Italy and avoids addressing some awkward matters, but if it helps you decide, then stick with it.
Martin
Micky Tapp

Knowledge wrote:It is probably a bigger story than any of us have time to write here, but I prefer to think of it this way:

The LC d'Italia couldn't afford to hire a site at Milan (or Monza) so they chose a venue at Adria race circuit. This is where the national Lambretta clubs will meet for the Euro-Lambretta jamboree in 2017.

The 70th anniversary event at Milan is a scooter rally organised Lambretta owners, and you do not need to be a member of a national club to attend.

It is not unusual for there to be two big rallies in the U.K. separated by just two weeks.

This is by far the most polite way to interpret what has occurred in Italy and avoids addressing some awkward matters, but if it helps you decide, then stick with it.
Well put Knowledge
Micky Tapp

Well we have decided on Monza Milan over Adria. Seems the best option to me, great city, actual true home of factory, plus Monza and the Italian Lakes. Bring it on!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information