THE NEW DGB LAMBRETTA GEAR BOX

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
sean brady scooters
Dealer

what are the ratios/spacing/and % drops on these..........?
would they suit most scoots or some more than others................?
i know you said "based around the pacemaker"...........but just wanted to check.........if it was the same.........or has something been altered ratio wise etc.......?
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

sean brady scooters wrote:what are the ratios/spacing/and % drops on these..........?
Pacemaker at the mo
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
sean brady scooters
Dealer

thats good then,........... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
twin

sean brady scooters wrote:what are the ratios/spacing/and % drops on these..........?
i know you said "based around the pacemaker"...........but just wanted to check.........if it was the same.........or has something been altered ratio wise etc.......?
its based on the pacemaker,but not the same as,
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Its the same as the pacemaker except third gear has 37 teeth instead of 39 . The reason for this if you look at an innocenti third gear of the cluster and cog the profile (will try to get a pic later)they are cut different. The reason well i think in order to try and get the 39 teeth on third they had to machine it different to get it to fit ,the result is that the cogs dont match perfectly because it can,t realy have that many teeth.Technicaly it was a bit of a bodge by Lambretta to get this ratio. As you know third gear was the problem which kept breaking and this why i think. If put to 37 teeth it cured the problem but obviously changed the third gear ratio slightly but nothing noticable .
Why base it round the Pacemaker ,well we all have our own idea,s which is the best gear box i even know a couple of people that think the SX 150 is good?.On the road it is nice to have every gear as evenly spaced as possible and to have a nice usable gap between third and fourth . Having tried every gear box over the years the pacemaker gearbox wins hands down in my opinion( im sure some will disagree). Believe me when i took the bike out the other day it was a dream to drive it so easily in every gear especialy fourth .The other thing to note was to sprocket it correctly to get a 4.8 drive in fourth gear it uses 18/47 so no odd sizes and oddball stretched or half link chains.Thats why we chose it and im sure some will have an opinion on this which i am open to listen to.
J1MS

as 100mphlambretta says and I for what its worth Totally agree with his comments "the Pacemaker wins hands down"
rossi46

when will this kit be fully tested and available ? will the gears be treated ?
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Just finishing off the testing ,got delayed by the bad weather last couple on weeks . As long as that all goes according to plan should be another six weeks or so . As soon as its ready for production i will let you know .
bostfoot

just reading about you ridin the scooter beyond normal means for twenty miles is NO test of a gearbox if any thing it just says you had a full tank of gas and a spare half hour so perhaps you ought to testit properly and then report back on these pages , cheers
:roll:
Diablo
Dealer

Stuart posted that a month ago. I'm very sure its had more testing since then and I'm also sure he's more than cabable of breaking a gearbox when he trys having proved it many times on the drag strip.
Perhaps you ought to take up Stuarts offer of a test ride
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information