My Li225 Special

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Some very nicely done work there mate.
Lovely scoot.
Hong Kong Phooey
Main scooter: Li Special TS1230

Quality work, enjoying the write up. You should go into production with the exhaust bracket.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:Quality work, enjoying the write up. You should go into production with the exhaust bracket.
Got a confession to make there. :oops: The bracket worked beutifully with the the engine out of the frame - but the JL3 hit the stand when I fitted the engine. :(

So here is exhaust can bracket Mk2, this time I'll make sure everything works out before I go to the expense of having one chrome plated. :roll:

Minority

Father Christmas brought me a nice new shocky for the back :D .
Unfortunately he sub-contracted Royal Mail/Australia Post to deliver some other presents and they haven't arrived yet :cry:

Last edited by Minority on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
markauk

good work there
CANbus

How did the test ride go Minority?

Also what is the carb jetting as the heats on in Perth at the moment?

thx
11111111 = 0xFF
Minority

CANbus wrote:How did the test ride go Minority?

Also what is the carb jetting as the heats on in Perth at the moment?

thx
Speedo performed well once I had adjusted the settings properly and fitted the resistor plug! Only problem was I ended up with a flat battery (regulator not charging and indicators off battery as well).
I've got my new BGM regulator fitted now which gives a healthy 13.3v at tickover, so that shouldn't be a problem again.
The jetting is a bit rich at the moment (always has been I think), but, as I'm running in my new piston/hone job, I'll leave it for the moment.
Your right about the heat though, I'm fitting my anti dive kit today and the test ride is expected to be in 40 degrees (centigrade).

Here's a pic of one of my Christmas pressies fitted. Also shortened my old clutch lever by 10mm (thanks for the advice Terrible Taff) to help eliminate clutch drag induced by Sundance grips & ScootRS dogleg lever.

Last edited by Minority on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minority

Fitted my ScootRS antidive kit to the front hydraulic disc and what a difference! The front brake has always been powerful, but felt too "sharp" (mastercylinder/caliper piston mismatch?). Now it "seems" to be more progressive, anyway a very worthwhile update for anyone who hasn't done it yet ;) .
Oh, and test drive temperature only reached 39 degrees :lol:

CANbus

Minority wrote:Fitted my ScootRS antidive kit to the front hydraulic disc and what a difference! The front brake has always been powerful, but felt too "sharp" (mastercylinder/caliper piston mismatch?). Now it "seems" to be more progressive, anyway a very worthwhile update for anyone who hasn't done it yet ;) .
Oh, and test drive temperature only reached 39 degrees :lol:

I was kinda interested in the jet sizes Minority. We have been hitting the 30's occasionally here :fb: no where near your temps though, I noticed the hotter it gets the more I hover my fingers over the clutch :roll:
11111111 = 0xFF
Minority

CANbus wrote:I was kinda interested in the jet sizes Minority. We have been hitting the 30's occasionally here :fb: no where near your temps though, I noticed the hotter it gets the more I hover my fingers over the clutch :roll:
30 degrees, a beautiful balmy day :D

Jet sizes for my 30phbh are as follows:
Choke 70
Slide 40
Needle X7
Atomiser AV266
Pilot 50
Main 128

Topend is a Rapido 225 classic with some additional porting work to "stage 4" specs and a Mitaka piston.

I'm running a JL3 and 4% fully synthetic while running in, was using 3% before. Ignition is via an Mtech set to about 21 degrees with a rapid rate of retardation (this may change when it's fully run in).

If I had to get another kit, with our summer temps I would be very tempted to go for an Avanti with it's extra cooling!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information