My Li225 Special

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Muttlyoo7
Main scooter: Gp200

I like it!
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

I think this is going to be one of my favourite modifications!
It'll be so nice to know what speed I'm doing and the revs that equates to.

Barry Smyth
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 3 Li150 '64

Speedo looks great installed, I have one set aside for my SX150 when I commence the rebuild on that.
soulsurfer

Minority wrote:I think this is going to be one of my favourite modifications!

I love all the trick detail on this bike ;-)

How is the fit for the speedo, I heard they foul on the top of the fork tube or something when fitted to SX type headsets?

Did you buy it recently as I also heard they were working in MKII for the fitment issue?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Minority

soulsurfer wrote:
Minority wrote:I think this is going to be one of my favourite modifications!

I love all the trick detail on this bike ;-)

How is the fit for the speedo, I heard they foul on the top of the fork tube or something when fitted to SX type headsets?

Did you buy it recently as I also heard they were working in MKII for the fitment issue?
You heard correctly, it doesn't fit :lol:

I have the benefit of not trying to hook up the speedo cable (using the electronic sensor), but have still had to resort to dremeling the top of the fork tube and angleing the speedo unit itself to get the necessary clearance in my headset.

The down side of angleing the speedo (at least the way I did it) is that there won't be a watertight seal around the unit with the standard gasket, fortunately in Perth that's not too much of a problem :biggrin:. If I was in the UK no doubt I could work out some sort of seal to keep the water out.

Apart from the fitment problem in the SX headset I'm impressed with the unit itself although I haven't tried the rev counter yet!

cheers

John

I too had heard about the "Mk 2", but I just couldn't wait :roll:
soulsurfer

Thanks for your honest reply John ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Minority

Confucius say "not all that is lightened is light"

Here's a pic of my new (with additional lightening by myself!) Atomic 47 tooth crownwheel from ScootRS, described as "lightened".
The standard SIL 47 tooth weighs in at 712g, the ScootRS Atomic even after my additional lightening ( I reckon I removed at least 30-40g) is 787g.
Still, it has fixed "the wobbles" (my original reason for replacing the SIL) and allows more room for extra plates or more movement with the standard setup to eliminate clutch drag.

Minority

New crownwheel fitted together with new ScootRS lower guide (needed a bit of fettling to fit properly), new homemade load spreader plate and stud fixing for chain guides, new Tsubaki Japanese chain. Gearbox & clutch spider/crownwheel properly shimmed.

Last edited by Minority on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minority

It's almost ready to go back in!! (at last), :D

JL3 endcan bracket worked out well!

Minority

Thought I would bore you with some more pics now I have finished fitting the SIP speedo!

Fitted the electronic speed sensor to my homemade bracket to pickup of the rear wheel studs.

I used shrink tube to keep the cable tight against the rear brake cable outer, away from the rear wheel hopefully!

The sensor cable hooks over in front of the bumpstop to run along the main loom.

I fitted the little power box under the horncasting (it was nice and easy here to pickup my 12v DC and the 12vAC for the RPM signal).

Fitted the temp sensor under the cylinder head/cowling bolt (it wasn't going to fit under the sparkplug with the AF head). I'm hoping this will be far enough away from the HT to avoid the interference problems without fitting a resistive spark plug.

Lastly I fitted the control button just under the light switch.

Full road test this weekend!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information